5. Your Top 10 Summer Don’ts. I really would like to vlog but that’s not happening any time soon. So here goes. This is a very weird list and very random.
1. Don’t go without sunscreen! T1 is abnormally fair and last summer she got 2nd degree burns on her face, shoulders, and back the first time out. In fact, wear those UV rated swim shirts too!
2. Don’t walk around amusement parks wearing inappropriate swimsuits. Seriously, I do not want to see that much cellulite or cleavage (on both ends). Why on earth do you think the rest of us do? Cover up, please! And this goes for guys too. I really do not want to see your six-month pregnant belly hanging over your shorts without a shirt on. Or if a man looks like he is more endowed than a teenage girl, he needs a shirt too. It’s just not right. I can’t comment on hair. I just can’t go there.
3. Don’t let your daughters dress like prostatots at amusement parks. What is especially sad is letting your slightly heavyset daughter run around in a bikini looking like she’s 3-4 months pregnant and proud of that little baby bump. And then you look at the face and realize she is only 9 years old. Look, I realize we need to teach our daughters to love their bodies and the shape they were born with, but seriously, is this appropriate? Is it any healthier than glorifying the anorexic look of supermodels? Then again, if you’re the woman I’m talking about in #2, is it any wonder? And what about the heavier set young men that look like they need bras running around without shirts on? Same thing, see #2.
4. Don’t let the children get out of habits, or starting back to school in the fall will be an unnecessary challenge. I encourage getting summer workbooks for the next grade level and summer reading programs. And start the school bedtime and wake-up routine at least a full week prior to the start of school.
5. Don’t miss too many torture sessions. It is not fun having to start all over and build up endurance and strength. When on vacation find ways to add in extra walks or quick exercise routines.
6. Don’t forget to take long family walks in the evening.
7. Don’t forget to spend at least one entire day in your pajamas.
8. Don’t underestimate the value of a good pet-sitter. And tip generously!
9. Don’t make your summer plans so full that you forget to stop and smell the roses. And make sure those activities include seeing and doing something you’ve never done before.
10. Don’t miss the chance to tell your loved ones how much you love them each and every day.
1.) Write about a time you got in BIG trouble as a kid.
2.) Not your mother’s daughter…how do you parent differently than your mother did? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
3.) Photo Story: Share photos of your most recent trip to the beach (maybe an excuse to go!).
4.) Write a poem about starting over.
5.) Your top 10 Summer Don’ts.
Bonus Vlog Option!
Sometimes it’s hard to put yourself out there on video, but it’s a fun and different option for a post and a great way for your readers to get to know you better. The problem is many of us don’t know what to vlog about…this bonus prompt option will give you the inspiration you need to create a short video for your blog. Now to drum up the courage…
6.) Most bloggers have an About Me page…create an About Me video that will give viewers a quick glimpse into who you are and what makes you tick. Consider adding it to your About Me page!