Versatile Blogger–better late than never…April 7, 2012
Way back in July 2011, I was given the honor of not one but three awards. I didn’t realize until a later award (the Liebster Award) that there were “rules” to receiving these awards and passing along the love.
I would like to thank Chris from Bridges Burning who stumbled upon my blog because of Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writing Workshop and decided I deserved some awards for the work I’ve been doing on this blog. It has been an interesting journey and now I feel even more validated than just having DH ask if he made the blog today. The best part is that Chris says my posts on maritime related information have been informative which is my secondary purpose for this blog. Thanks again for the coodos, the awards, and the publicity!
I found these rules on Bird’s blog and later today she nominated me for another award. I’ll post about that later!
In accepting this award, these are some rules I have follow:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging (or whose blogs you enjoy most).
2. Let them know that you nominated them.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your blog post.
So here are 7 random facts about me:
1. I worked for the original publishers of The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn. All you parents of preschoolers should know this book.
2. During 5th grade recess, I played Chewbacca while we played ROTJ in the woods behind the school. It was because I was the tallest in class and I liked the boys who were playing Han and Luke. Funny, DH can do a perfect Chewbacca imitation… coincidence?
3. I wish I could own my own MagiQuest.
4. In college I took one of my “Captain” (high school) papers, rewrote only the introductory paragraph, turned it in for Brit Lit. II, and got the same B+.
5. For my 16th birthday I had a McDonald’s party. For my 16th, 17th, and 18th birthdays my friends got me Barbies.
6. I was 13 before I went to the ocean for the first time.
7. I wish I had a better prayer life.
So now, 15 new bloggers or ones I really enjoy to share the love with… deep breath. I bookmark blogs I like. I occasionally visit. I know. I’m terrible about sharing the love. I have to admit this is giving me as much palpitations as the thought of calling parents on the phone.
If Bird hadn’t already just gotten the award, I would have nominated her. Everyone Has a Story
Okay, seriously, that is 10. If I do the other 5 I will have none left for the Sunshine Award…